Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Alex is one, Hair cuts and other updates


My baby is now a toddler.  I have 1 six year old, 2 two year olds and 1 one year old and I  homeschool.     I have no time to sit down and update my blog.  I want to but by the end of the night I just want to sit on the couch and read.  No TV, no noise.   I ususally check facebook, browse the net and read my kindle.   The brain needs to decompresse.

So yes.   1 year old.   He is walking (shortly after turning 1).  Very close to running to keep up with his sisters.  No bottles, all cup.   Currently his molars are coming in which is waking him at night.   Sometimes he goes right back down, others I'm up for 2 hours with him in the middle of the night.

He has had his first haircut.   Surprisngly traumatic to me.   I have never had a baby first haircut before....my girls hair I just keep growing and growing.  It kinda shocked me that I had the urge to cry getting that baby hair cut.

Little boy is now adding in his fair share of temper tantrums and joining in or starting fights over toys.  These 3 little ones really test my patience and wear me out by the end of the day.  Some days are really hard but I have to say the twins have improved their attitudes.   They play so well together now, If I was not chasing around Alex I would actually be able to sit on the couch and read a book.   When Alex is napping I take the girls outside to play and I can actually sit and just watch them play.   Its so much less work than the past few years.  


Cassie has lost 2 of her bottom teeth and the top 2 are now loose as well.

Homeschooling is going great.   This fall I file with the state for the first time so it will be official!!   We are a grade ahead of where she would be if enrolled in public school.  She is an easy kid for the most part.  The girls are going to be interesting when I start to teach them.   Currently we are working on colors and numbers.  They think everything is red and when they count it goes like this "1,2,6,8,3"  We have work to do!   Its so hard to NOT compare them to Cassie.  Cassie was reading by 3, totally potty trained by 2.....the twins are still in diapers.  I have tried potty training a couple of times but they are not ready.  After 3 I will try again.

So my life is so busy.   The days fly by.  Some days I think I may loose my mind but I wouldn't change it.  Well.....I'll be honest, twins are hard.  Having two 2 year olds is not an easy thing so if I could change things I may have Mandy and Emily spaced out by 2 years.  haha! Twins are a blessing but are a lot of work. (at least mine!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment